Leather 1 Square Toe Phillip 'Cube' Lim 3 White Mules Iqw6q
BETATry an improved version of this page
- Toe Square Phillip Leather Mules 1 Lim 3 White 'Cube' More about how to get into this career
- We've included current opportunities to help you with your next steps
Quantity surveyors oversee construction projects, managing risks and controlling costs.
1. Entry requirements
You'll need a degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). This can be a quantity surveying degree or a postgraduate conversion course from any degree. Useful subjects are construction, structural or civil engineering, mathematics, geography, economics or land studies.
You could also start work as a junior or trainee quantity surveyor, a surveying technician or surveying assistant, then study to become a quantity surveyor.
You could also get into this job with an Print Stella Multi Ankara Colour McCartney Dress qEUaB.
You’ll need to be a member of RICS (MRICS) to become a fully qualified chartered surveyor. For this you’ll need to complete the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)Tote Multicolour Miyake Issey Opera Bao Bao qIxwAU.
2. Skills required
- Mules Leather Square White Lim 'Cube' Phillip Toe 3 1 budgeting skills
- 'Cube' Lim Phillip Leather Toe Square White Mules 3 1 excellent IT and maths skills
- organisational and planning skills
- negotiation and leadership skills
3. What you'll do
Phillip Leather Mules 3 'Cube' Lim Toe Square 1 White You could work in the public sector for a local authority, housing association or government department.
'Cube' Toe Square Mules Lim Leather 3 Phillip White 1 Leather Toe Mules White Square Phillip 'Cube' 1 3 Lim You could also work in the private sector for a building contractor, property company, civil engineering or architecture firm.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- finding out a client’s needs and assessing if their plans are feasible
- working out quantities and costs of materials, time and labour for tenders
- negotiating contracts and work schedules
- advising on legal matters, including risks and disputes
- monitoring sub-contractors and stages of construction
- Toe 'Cube' Lim 3 Phillip Leather 1 White Square Mules writing regular reports on costs and preparing accounts for payment
- keeping up to date with construction methods and materials
following health and safety and building regulations
Starter: £18,000 to £25,000
Experienced: £25,000 to £50,000
Highly Experienced: £50,000 to £80,000 (senior)
'Cube' Lim Square White Mules Phillip Leather 1 Toe 3 These figures are a guide.
5. Working hours, patterns and environment
You'll usually work Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. You may work evenings or weekends. Hours may be longer if you work on-site as a contractor.
Phillip 1 Lim Mules White Leather Square 3 Toe 'Cube' You'll spend time in an office and visiting building sites.
You’ll usually need a full driving licence.
6. Career path and progression
With experience, you could become a senior quantity surveyor or move into senior project management, supply chain management, consultancy work or self-employment.
You could specialise in areas like planning, risk assessment or contract disputes.
Another option is to move into lecturing at a university or college.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 02 April 2018