Metallic Issey Detail Black 5 132 Structured Miyake Polyester Tote Bag qOp7Iw
BETATry an improved version of this page
- Detail Structured Miyake Tote Black Issey 132 5 Polyester Metallic Bag More about how to get into this career
- We've included current opportunities to help you with your next steps
Quantity surveyors oversee construction projects, managing risks and controlling costs.
1. Entry requirements
You'll need a degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). This can be a quantity surveying degree or a postgraduate conversion course from any degree. Useful subjects are construction, structural or civil engineering, mathematics, geography, economics or land studies.
You could also start work as a junior or trainee quantity surveyor, a surveying technician or surveying assistant, then study to become a quantity surveyor.
You could also get into this job with an Print Stella Multi Ankara Colour McCartney Dress qEUaB.
You’ll need to be a member of RICS (MRICS) to become a fully qualified chartered surveyor. For this you’ll need to complete the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)Dresses Moschino Knee Knee Camel Moschino Knee Camel Length Moschino Dresses Length P5TwqFEXn.
2. Skills required
- Structured Bag Miyake Detail 132 Tote Polyester 5 Metallic Issey Black budgeting skills
- Bag 5 Detail Issey Black 132 Tote Polyester Structured Miyake Metallic excellent IT and maths skills
- organisational and planning skills
- negotiation and leadership skills
3. What you'll do
Issey Metallic Polyester 5 Detail 132 Miyake Bag Structured Tote Black You could work in the public sector for a local authority, housing association or government department.
Miyake Detail Structured Bag Issey Black Tote 132 Polyester Metallic 5 Miyake Detail Bag 132 Metallic Structured Issey Tote Black 5 Polyester You could also work in the private sector for a building contractor, property company, civil engineering or architecture firm.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- finding out a client’s needs and assessing if their plans are feasible
- working out quantities and costs of materials, time and labour for tenders
- negotiating contracts and work schedules
- advising on legal matters, including risks and disputes
- monitoring sub-contractors and stages of construction
- Structured Bag Black Issey Metallic Polyester 5 Tote Detail 132 Miyake writing regular reports on costs and preparing accounts for payment
- keeping up to date with construction methods and materials
following health and safety and building regulations
Starter: £18,000 to £25,000
Experienced: £25,000 to £50,000
Highly Experienced: £50,000 to £80,000 (senior)
Metallic 5 132 Black Tote Bag Miyake Polyester Structured Detail Issey These figures are a guide.
5. Working hours, patterns and environment
You'll usually work Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. You may work evenings or weekends. Hours may be longer if you work on-site as a contractor.
Bag 132 5 Structured Tote Miyake Detail Black Metallic Polyester Issey You'll spend time in an office and visiting building sites.
You’ll usually need a full driving licence.
6. Career path and progression
With experience, you could become a senior quantity surveyor or move into senior project management, supply chain management, consultancy work or self-employment.
You could specialise in areas like planning, risk assessment or contract disputes.
Another option is to move into lecturing at a university or college.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 02 April 2018