Metallic Issey Detail Black 5 132 Structured Miyake Polyester Tote Bag qOp7Iw
BETATry an improved version of this page
- 132 Polyester Metallic Tote 5 Detail Issey Bag Miyake Black Structured More about how to get into this career
- We've included current opportunities to help you with your next steps
Quantity surveyors oversee construction projects, managing risks and controlling costs.
1. Entry requirements
You'll need a degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). This can be a quantity surveying degree or a postgraduate conversion course from any degree. Useful subjects are construction, structural or civil engineering, mathematics, geography, economics or land studies.
You could also start work as a junior or trainee quantity surveyor, a surveying technician or surveying assistant, then study to become a quantity surveyor.
You could also get into this job with an Print Stella Multi Ankara Colour McCartney Dress qEUaB.
You’ll need to be a member of RICS (MRICS) to become a fully qualified chartered surveyor. For this you’ll need to complete the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)Dress Maxi Bardot Blue Flynn Waters Skye Rosey x7Ew16qt6.
2. Skills required
- Black Polyester 5 Structured Metallic Issey 132 Detail Bag Tote Miyake budgeting skills
- 132 5 Polyester Tote Issey Miyake Black Bag Metallic Structured Detail excellent IT and maths skills
- organisational and planning skills
- negotiation and leadership skills
3. What you'll do
Issey Polyester Bag Tote 132 Miyake 5 Structured Metallic Black Detail You could work in the public sector for a local authority, housing association or government department.
Black 5 Bag Issey Polyester Miyake 132 Structured Tote Metallic Detail Metallic Black 5 Issey Miyake Tote Structured 132 Detail Polyester Bag You could also work in the private sector for a building contractor, property company, civil engineering or architecture firm.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- finding out a client’s needs and assessing if their plans are feasible
- working out quantities and costs of materials, time and labour for tenders
- negotiating contracts and work schedules
- advising on legal matters, including risks and disputes
- monitoring sub-contractors and stages of construction
- Black Issey Miyake Bag Polyester 132 Metallic Tote Structured 5 Detail writing regular reports on costs and preparing accounts for payment
- keeping up to date with construction methods and materials
following health and safety and building regulations
Starter: £18,000 to £25,000
Experienced: £25,000 to £50,000
Highly Experienced: £50,000 to £80,000 (senior)
Polyester 132 Miyake Black Detail Tote Metallic Bag Structured 5 Issey These figures are a guide.
5. Working hours, patterns and environment
You'll usually work Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. You may work evenings or weekends. Hours may be longer if you work on-site as a contractor.
132 Tote Metallic Issey Black Bag Structured Miyake Detail 5 Polyester You'll spend time in an office and visiting building sites.
You’ll usually need a full driving licence.
6. Career path and progression
With experience, you could become a senior quantity surveyor or move into senior project management, supply chain management, consultancy work or self-employment.
You could specialise in areas like planning, risk assessment or contract disputes.
Another option is to move into lecturing at a university or college.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 02 April 2018