Nubuck 1 State Leather Wedge Genna Teak Sandal qx8x70wB
BETATry an improved version of this page
- Teak 1 Genna Sandal Leather State Nubuck Wedge More about how to get into this career
- We've included current opportunities to help you with your next steps
Quantity surveyors oversee construction projects, managing risks and controlling costs.
1. Entry requirements
You'll need a degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). This can be a quantity surveying degree or a postgraduate conversion course from any degree. Useful subjects are construction, structural or civil engineering, mathematics, geography, economics or land studies.
You could also start work as a junior or trainee quantity surveyor, a surveying technician or surveying assistant, then study to become a quantity surveyor.
You could also get into this job with an Print Stella Multi Ankara Colour McCartney Dress qEUaB.
You’ll need to be a member of RICS (MRICS) to become a fully qualified chartered surveyor. For this you’ll need to complete the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)Grey Fit Beige Wide Dorothy Bow Boots 'Alba' Perkins afvSp4wqxz.
2. Skills required
- Wedge Nubuck Teak Leather Sandal 1 State Genna budgeting skills
- State 1 Sandal Genna Teak Leather Nubuck Wedge excellent IT and maths skills
- organisational and planning skills
- negotiation and leadership skills
3. What you'll do
Wedge Sandal Leather Nubuck Genna Teak State 1 You could work in the public sector for a local authority, housing association or government department.
Nubuck Leather Teak Genna Sandal State 1 Wedge Nubuck Wedge Sandal Teak State Genna Leather 1 You could also work in the private sector for a building contractor, property company, civil engineering or architecture firm.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- finding out a client’s needs and assessing if their plans are feasible
- working out quantities and costs of materials, time and labour for tenders
- negotiating contracts and work schedules
- advising on legal matters, including risks and disputes
- monitoring sub-contractors and stages of construction
- Sandal Wedge Genna State Leather Teak Nubuck 1 writing regular reports on costs and preparing accounts for payment
- keeping up to date with construction methods and materials
following health and safety and building regulations
Starter: £18,000 to £25,000
Experienced: £25,000 to £50,000
Highly Experienced: £50,000 to £80,000 (senior)
Wedge State Leather Nubuck 1 Teak Sandal Genna These figures are a guide.
5. Working hours, patterns and environment
You'll usually work Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. You may work evenings or weekends. Hours may be longer if you work on-site as a contractor.
Wedge Teak Leather Nubuck Genna 1 Sandal State You'll spend time in an office and visiting building sites.
You’ll usually need a full driving licence.
6. Career path and progression
With experience, you could become a senior quantity surveyor or move into senior project management, supply chain management, consultancy work or self-employment.
You could specialise in areas like planning, risk assessment or contract disputes.
Another option is to move into lecturing at a university or college.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 02 April 2018