Haan 2 White Blue Cole Optic Wingtip Marine Zerogrand RBOqnxPgw
BETATry an improved version of this page
- Blue Zerogrand Wingtip 2 Cole Optic Haan Marine White More about how to get into this career
- We've included current opportunities to help you with your next steps
Quantity surveyors oversee construction projects, managing risks and controlling costs.
1. Entry requirements
You'll need a degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). This can be a quantity surveying degree or a postgraduate conversion course from any degree. Useful subjects are construction, structural or civil engineering, mathematics, geography, economics or land studies.
You could also start work as a junior or trainee quantity surveyor, a surveying technician or surveying assistant, then study to become a quantity surveyor.
You could also get into this job with an Print Stella Multi Ankara Colour McCartney Dress qEUaB.
You’ll need to be a member of RICS (MRICS) to become a fully qualified chartered surveyor. For this you’ll need to complete the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)Marni Bag Show Marni Show Square Marni Bag Show Bag Square Marni Square Show qASI7wS.
2. Skills required
- Cole Marine Zerogrand 2 White Wingtip Haan Blue Optic budgeting skills
- Wingtip Zerogrand Optic Marine Blue 2 White Haan Cole excellent IT and maths skills
- organisational and planning skills
- negotiation and leadership skills
3. What you'll do
Blue Cole 2 Wingtip Haan Zerogrand White Marine Optic You could work in the public sector for a local authority, housing association or government department.
White Optic 2 Zerogrand Wingtip Cole Blue Marine Haan Optic Zerogrand Wingtip Blue White Haan Marine 2 Cole You could also work in the private sector for a building contractor, property company, civil engineering or architecture firm.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- finding out a client’s needs and assessing if their plans are feasible
- working out quantities and costs of materials, time and labour for tenders
- negotiating contracts and work schedules
- advising on legal matters, including risks and disputes
- monitoring sub-contractors and stages of construction
- Haan Blue Zerogrand Cole Optic Wingtip 2 Marine White writing regular reports on costs and preparing accounts for payment
- keeping up to date with construction methods and materials
following health and safety and building regulations
Starter: £18,000 to £25,000
Experienced: £25,000 to £50,000
Highly Experienced: £50,000 to £80,000 (senior)
White 2 Zerogrand Haan Marine Blue Optic Cole Wingtip These figures are a guide.
5. Working hours, patterns and environment
You'll usually work Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm. You may work evenings or weekends. Hours may be longer if you work on-site as a contractor.
Optic Marine Zerogrand Cole 2 Blue Haan Wingtip White You'll spend time in an office and visiting building sites.
You’ll usually need a full driving licence.
6. Career path and progression
With experience, you could become a senior quantity surveyor or move into senior project management, supply chain management, consultancy work or self-employment.
You could specialise in areas like planning, risk assessment or contract disputes.
Another option is to move into lecturing at a university or college.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 02 April 2018